[Using Sakai] Decouple open/start dates for assignments?

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Wed Sep 5 05:49:22 PDT 2012

Hi Gregory,

There is something similar to what you are asking for in a patch for group
submissions in the Assignments tool -
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22282 : "This patch also includes
an optional visible date feature. If visible date set, student can see
assignment but cannot submit/save yet. This feature is driven by a need for
us to show students upcoming tasks but not allow them to act on them until
the open date. "

This sounds like it might be slightly different from what you need though,
since you want to allow the students to start the tasks early? But that is
what the Open date does, it makes the Assignment visible and allows the
student to take it, which meets both of your requirements? I guess I'm
confused about what you are needing?

Cheers,
Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator