[Using Sakai] Assignment grading logic

Algaze, Louis Contractor, eDataTech ljalgaze at nps.edu
Mon Feb 6 12:18:06 PST 2012

I am working with an instructor who is saying the processes of grading an Assignment is not behaving as expected.  I think I've narrowed the issue down to the fact that when a student's assignment is being graded, the instructor selects any of the buttons ("Save and Don’t Release to Student", "Save an Release to Student", "Preview" and "Cancel Changes") which results in saving the inputted data, but displays that same page again vs. going back to the list of students.  The instructor can only return to the list of students by using the "Return to List" button or the "Refresh" button next to the Assignment page title.

This process adds an extra step for the instructor every time they grade an assignment.  Preference is to revert the Instructor back to the list of students after any of the buttons are selected if no error is present.

Is there a reason this behavior exists or am I missing some important feature that this creates.  I'd be happy to create a Jira ticket for this if appropriate.

Thank you for any response you can provide.

Louis
rSmart's Sakai version 2.7.1