[Using Sakai] [Building Sakai] Participation in Jasig Unconference, January 2013?

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Fri Aug 31 05:27:58 PDT 2012

Hi all,

Based on feedback I've gotten to the message about the Unconference (see below), including some feedback from vendors, it sounds like there could be about 6 or 7 Sakai folks attending the Jasig UnConference, perhaps more.

I'm curious about two things - 1) are there any "maybe's" out there for this event?  2) If the timing or format isn't good for you but you still think a 1.5 - 3 day event similar to this could be something you would be interested in?

Last call for input. :-)

Thanks,

Neal Caidin

Sakai CLE Community Coordinator
nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Skype: nealkdin
AIM: ncaidin at aol.com

Original question:

Is there any interest in participating in combining with a Jasig Unconference the week of January 14, 2013 at Arizona State University's Polytechnic Campus in Mesa, AZ for Sakai CLE?

The unconference is 2 ½ days, and is usually followed by 1 ½ days of developer time, where key developers for various projects code, work on the product blueprint, and debug in a communal setting.  Every morning of the unconference the entire group gets together and grids out rooms and time slots, and dynamically chooses the topics for discussion. Prior to the conference there are no proposals, no program committee, and no set agenda.

This year they are going to hold the 2 ½ day meeting at Arizona State University’s Polytechnic Campus in Mesa, AZ during the week of Jan. 14th. The Developer Days will probably be at ASU as well.  There will be a nominal (150.00?) conference fee to cover lunch and coffee breaks. They will have a block of hotel rooms at a nearby DoubleTree Hotel at 129.00/night. This is pretty firmed up, but not entirely and they have reached out to see if we would like to participate.