[Using Sakai] LCMS with Sakai

csev csev at umich.edu
Thu May 26 06:02:57 PDT 2011

John,

I would talk to Terry O'Heron and Kevin Kalupson from Penn State University.

They are an Angel school and are building an LCMS in Plone and plugging it into Angel using Basic LTI.

At the University of Michigan we have a Multimedia CMS called BlueStream from IBM that connects via Basic LTI.

In particular with extension to return grades back to Sakai (in 2.8) I feel that the use case for using Basic LTI to plug in an LCMS into Sakai (or any other LMS for that matter).

Whatever vendor you are working with, a Basic LTI implementation should not be too painful.

One of the use cases that is driving the Penn State work is the need for content to live through an LMS transition - so it can be used in both LMS systems during the transition.

/Chuck