[Using Sakai] Use default style sheets in HTML resources

Norman Danner ndanner at wesleyan.edu
Fri Jan 28 13:04:44 PST 2011

I have some HTML pages on my Sakai course site that I create by making a
Web Resource tool point to an HTML page that is a resource for the site
(i.e., created with the Resources tool).  This is mostly fine, except
that the (CSS) style of the HTML that I write is rather different than
the rest of the course site.  For example, whereas most text on the site
is in a smaller sans-serif font, my HTML pages are in a comparatively
large serif font.  Since that HTML appears in a frame within the rest of
the site, the difference is especially jarring.

Is there a way to get my HTML to use the CSS that the rest of the site
is using?  I don't seem to be able to specify any CSS in the HTML
resource itself, because whenever I save the resource, any <head>
section is deleted, leaving just the <body>.

	- Norman

--
Norman Danner - ndanner at wesleyan.edu - http://ndanner.web.wesleyan.edu
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science - Wesleyan University