[Using Sakai] ePub serving/exporting through resource tool

Mustansar Mehmood mustansar at rice.edu
Thu Jan 27 13:01:22 PST 2011

Dear All,

There is a recent proposition/request to have an option of having documents being downloaded from resources tool in ePub format. For more infohttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EPUB
1- One possible scenario is offering the uploader of the document  to check a box to indicate the preference for making the document available in Epub format(Assuming document type can be converted into ePub format).
2- If the document uploader decides to make the document available in ePub format then Sakai or can convert the doucment to ePub format  while retaining the copy of the original format available.
Initially this feature can be introduced as an experimental feature and be enabled using sakai.properties. I have already  created a JIRA issue for this feature.
  I am wondering if there are any other schools looking into the similar directions.
Regards,
Mustansar

--
Mustansar Mehmood
Educational System Developer&  Integrator

Information Technology
6100 Main St. MS 119
Houston Texas 77005

Phone:(713)348-2523
Fax  :(713)348 6099
email:mustansar at rice.edu

I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when,you  looked at it in the right way, did not become still more complicated.
     -- Poul Anderson