[Using Sakai] Tools!

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Thu Jan 20 11:00:12 PST 2011

Colleagues,

As I finalize my online course for the spring, I am trying to improve it
without jumping off a cliff. I came across a terrific little online
booklet discussing Web 2.0 alternatives to traditional lectures. It's
called "A New Way to Lecture: Using Web 2.0 to Create Interactive
Lecture With Your Students
<http://issuu.com/antonius/docs/a-new-way-to-lecture---using-web-2.0-to-create-int?viewMode=magazine>."

This got me thinking. Wouldn't it be great if we all could contribute to
a repository of such links, easily organized by task (lecture,
assessment), discipline, contributor, etc. with some kind of tags?
Wouldn't it be great if we could also have reviews and a rating system
similar to those one finds for hotels on travel web sites?

So my question is, do we have the technology to do this now? If not,
what would it take?

     Marsh