[Using Sakai] Module tool not a core tool?

Fatima Rahiman Fatima.Rahiman at wits.ac.za
Mon Apr 11 05:28:21 PDT 2011

Hello again

Hope I'm posting this issue  to the right forum.

 We're in the process of mapping and evaluating the tools on SAKAI with
that of WEBCT( before we migrate to, I think, the 2.8 version).....  and
thus went to  the first port of call viz. the Tools 2.7 page on the
confluence site i.e.
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Tools+%282.7%29

I notice however that the Module tool (or 'Lesson' tool called in some
instances viz. University of Virginia)is not included in the core set of
tools....Can someone please explain why this is so...? Would have
thought this tool would be integral to a LMS... Am very confused.

What are the implications if a tool is not part of the core set?

Apologies if this is a really dumb question but trying to get my head
around the different instances etc.

Regards

Fatima Rahiman

Head: Learning Design