[Using Sakai] Oops, student identities concealed in test

Kara Stiles kara.stiles at rsmart.com
Mon Oct 11 09:54:38 PDT 2010

In addition to adding comments, you could also adjust the score temporarily
using the adj column when grading (add .37 or something easy to recognize in
the GB), and then once you figure out whose assessment it is, you can
readjust the score.

It's also possible to change the default settings on those assessment types
as an admin so you can prevent this problem from happening again.

If you login as an admin and just go to the Tests & Quizzes tool in *any*
site, you can just make changes to the default settings for all assessment
types and these changes will be effective for all users (and you can even
remove them forever BUT you can't create new ones without some DB work, so
be careful).  I'm writing this based on a memory I have of a conversation
with someone on the Samigo team, so I hope the Samigo team will correct me
if I've confused something here.

Anyway, I'd suggest selecting ALL the "can be edited" checkboxes for the
assessment types.  This way, you can still have your default settings for
each type, but at least each default setting will be editable by the
instructor.

Thanks,
Kara