[Using Sakai] Oops, student identities concealed in test

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Sun Oct 10 10:11:23 PDT 2010

Warwick,

Sorry, I should have noted that in order for that process to work you need
to have grades from Tests and Quizzes reported to the Gradebook but
unfortunately I believe the setting you need to turn that on is one of the
settings that is not showing up since you've selected the "formative
assessment" type.  So, I don't think this method will work for you.  I
realize this must be frustrating as I know we had some similar issues
until we moved the "assessment type" option to avoid confusion.  The only
other suggestion I can make is to "super user" in as each student  (which
you can do if you have system administrator access in Sakai) once you've
posted these "comments" and check to see what comment was left for that
student.  This would also allow you to match comments to students but is
obviously very time consuming.

Outside of this, I think the next thing would be to see if you can make
some changes to the DB to reveal the information you need.  You may have
better luck posting technical questions about things like the DB to the
"Developers" or Dev list which you can subscribe to from
http://sakaiproject.org/join-email-lists

Sorry, I know this isn't what you wanted to hear.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College