[Using Sakai] End-User Documentation

Sean Keesler sean.keesler at threecanoes.com
Sun Oct 3 22:02:54 PDT 2010

I didn't mean to derail...I get your point...yet, there IS a lot of
undocumented functionality and a lot of people that would like it
documented. If the institutions that built the tool don't have the
resources available to write it, I think that another institution could
partner up on the project to document it.

At one point there was a development process described that listed out some
"stages" that a project would go through....R&D, Incubation, Development and
Maintenence (
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MGT/How+Sakai+Development+Works).
Somewhere in that process documentation of the project was supposed to be a
criteria for deciding if it was ready to be part of the Sakai release.

I think we're at some interim stage where a lot of our legacy tools didn't
go through that process and we're yearning to backfill the documentation,
but recognizing that there are many barriers to getting that done.

Sean Keesler
130 Academy Street
Manlius, NY 13104
315-682-0830