[Using Sakai] accessing sakai via reverse proxy changing context root

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 10:05:02 PDT 2010

I checked a document here for generation of correct URLs
https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/reference/trunk/docs/architecture/sakai_urls.doc

it is very old dated March 23,2005 I contacted the original author also but
no response.

Sakai is generating URLs like this:

GET /library/skin/default/portal.css
GET /portal/styles/portalstyles.css
GET /library/js/jquery.js

mod_proxy does not rewrite HTML, only a few specific headers, so sakai
 must generate the correct URLs, eg
/'sakai/styles/portalstyles.css'.

So if I do
ProxyPass /sakai http://192.168.1.5:9090/portal
ProxyPassReverse /sakai http://192.168.1.5:9090/portal

there is no rule for /library or /portal or some more stuff html elements in
sakai which are generating URLs not at /portal but some thing different such
as /library or /admin so that is causing the problem.
Changing port will not create the correct URLs

How many ReWriteRules do I need to write so that it becomes correctly
available.
Any one ?