[Using Sakai] accessing sakai via reverse proxy changing context root

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Fri Jul 2 01:09:15 PDT 2010

I am using apache reverse proxy setup to reach sakai
ProxyPass  /sakai 192.168.1.5:9090/portal
ProxyPassReverse /sakai 192.168.1.5:9090/portal

gave me a link to the working sakai demo setup
on http://192.168.1.5:9090/portal
but with CSS,Javascript and images broken

for example
my users request to reach sakai page
http://mydomain.com/sakai
and upon inspecting the page element of the broken CSS and Javascripts
I see the request going in a format

http://mydomain.com/portal/styles/portalstyles.css

where there is no sakai in URL i.e. /sakai/styles/portalstyles.css
should be correct thing in my opinion since /portal obviously does not
exist on the said domain name.

So one thing comes to my mind is to change the Context Root of
application Sakai from /portal to /sakai how can I do that which xml
file or what does sakai use to do it?

--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com