[Using Sakai] sakai installation problem

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Thu Jul 8 05:17:42 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 5:25 PM, Seth Theriault <slt at columbia.edu> wrote:

> Instead, if you examine:
>
> shared/lib/configuration-bundles-2.7.0.jar
>
> you will see that the "default" sakai.properties is in there:
Can you elaborate this a bit more.
I do not see this file there.
I checked my server.
> org/sakaiproject/config/bundle/default.sakai.properties
Neither this.

> To override the default settings, you can place a
> sakai.properties file in a "sakai" directory in
I did not wanted to override any default setting.
I think you have not read the discussion from starting.

> $CATALINA_HOME by default or set a different directory by
> passing "-Dsakai.home=/a/different/directory/" in your
> JAVA_OPTS per:
I just wanted to see a working instance of sakai working with a default setup.
Nothing special.

> http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Configuration+%282.7%29

Please read the discussion from starting.
If you can share a default config file that will really help any one
who installs for the first time
in my first instances of setup I did not had this file.Until I
downloaded the source.

--
Tapas
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com