[Using Sakai] sakai installation problem

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu Jul 8 04:55:18 PDT 2010

Tapas Mishra wrote:

> That is exactly what I am trying to tell there is no config
> module. believe me and try to install on a fresh system
> where you do not have an OS also install Ubuntu 10.04 then
> install Tomcat and then download the sakai 2.7 binary and
> extract it any where you like there is no config directory

The config module in the source code does NOT correspond to
the a config directory or webapp in the Tomcat artifact tree.

Instead, if you examine:

shared/lib/configuration-bundles-2.7.0.jar

you will see that the "default" sakai.properties is in there:

org/sakaiproject/config/bundle/default.sakai.properties

To override the default settings, you can place a
sakai.properties file in a "sakai" directory in
$CATALINA_HOME by default or set a different directory by
passing "-Dsakai.home=/a/different/directory/" in your
JAVA_OPTS per:

http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Configuration+%282.7%29

Seth