[Using Sakai] sakai installation problem

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Thu Jul 8 05:50:18 PDT 2010

Tapas Mishra wrote:

> I just wanted to see a working instance of sakai working
> with a default setup. Nothing special.

For this, I think you wanted the Sakai Demo, not the Sakai
Binary. Per the release page:

"The Sakai Demo is a pre-built version of Sakai with Apache
Tomcat and a simple configuration, perfect for a quick and
easy demo of Sakai..."

If you download and unip/untar the demo, you will see the
entire Sakai application -- config files and all -- in its own
self-contained Tomcat.

The Sakai Binary, by its very nature, requires more work,
because, as noted on the release page, it lacks certain
things.

Seth