[Using Sakai] URGENT: I must choose between Sakai and Moodle within 24 hours

kara.stiles at rsmart.com kara.stiles at rsmart.com
Mon Feb 22 11:56:22 PST 2010

If you want to give a "standard" user the permission to create new courses or projects, complete these steps:

1. Login as admin
2. Click on the Administration Workspace
3. Click "Realms"
4. Select the !user.template realm
5. Click the .auth role
6. Select the checkbox next to site.add and site.add.course
7. Click Save (you may want to repeat steps 4-6 with the !user.template.registered and !user.template.maintain realms if you plan to use these realms)
8. Next, click the memory tool in the Admin workspace
9. Click "Reset All Caches"

Sakai is somewhat complex to install and configure, but that's also an advantage because Sakai is SO configurable and you can make it to lots of stuff that you can't make Moodle do.

If you want to try Sakai in a stable environment, you can register for a login at

http://mysakai.rsmart.com

You can also take a look at this webinar for more information on Sakai configuration:

http://www.rsmart.com/resource/learn-many-ways-configure-sakai-your-faculty

Thanks and good luck, I hope you pick Sakai.

Kara Stiles
Senior Functional Consultant
rSmart
http://www.rsmart.com