[Using Sakai] Sakai Conference: Teaching and Learning Preconference Session

Robin Hill hill at uwyo.edu
Wed Apr 7 11:56:32 PDT 2010

T & L SHOW & TELL

At the 2010 Sakai conference in Denver, we invite Sakai users to
participate in the Teaching and Learning preconference workshop, "T & L
Show & Tell," during the afternoon of Monday, June 14th.  We solicit
short presentations of teaching methods in Sakai, illustrating specific
techniques, tips, scenarios, or solutions, with printed or web
takeaways. Both instructors and instructional designers are invited to
share answers to questions such as:
    * What enhancement have you made to Sakai out-of-the-box?
    * What teaching practice have you finally been able to implement?
    * What teaching problem have you solved with Sakai?
    * What special request or situation have you accommodated with Sakai?

These short talks will be appetizers for the main conference sessions,
whether they relate directly to a conference talk or serve generally to
pique interest.

Please volunteer for a presentation of 5-20 minutes, by signing up at
our Confluence planning page by May 28th:
  http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=68165032

We will schedule the presentations and assemble all materials (to be
submitted by June 4th) into one document and website.  Presenters are
encourageed to bring something to offer the attendees-- a help sheet, a
screen shot or illustration, a configuration file, or other takeaway.

--------
Robin Hill, University of Wyoming
Mathieu Plourde, University of Delaware
Rob Coyle, Johns Hopkins University