[Using Sakai] Create listening exercices

Thach Le thachln at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 20:48:37 PDT 2009

Dear all,
I would like to create question with audio (Listening exercises). I don't
know the best way.

Now, I create by embed the flash
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="
http://www.google.com/reader/ui/3247397568-audio-player.swf?audioUrl=*
MP3_FILE_URL*" width="400" height="27" allowscriptaccess="never"
quality="best" bgcolor="#ffffff" wmode="window"
flashvars="playerMode=embedded" />.
Source:
http://www.labnol.org/internet/design/html-embed-mp3-songs-podcasts-music-in-blogs-websites/2232/(*)
This method is working with Firefox.

To support mp3 in both of IE and Firefox, I found the above blog embbed more
complex script (view the attachment). But I could not to input the question
with this script by editing the source html. Maybe, the FCKeditor tool does
not support to embbed the complex script.
I setup "wysiwyg.editor=FCKeditor" in the
$TOMCAT_HOME\sakai\sakai.properties"

Are there any other way to create the listening exercises which support the
IE and FireFox?

Environment: Sakai 2.6.1, Mysql

Best Regards,
Thach Le