[DG: User / Using Sakai] Creating sites in sakai

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Thu Mar 5 14:23:39 PST 2009

Am,

Others with more technical knowledge will probably give you a better
explanation but basically, the "Sites" tool is more of a pure
administrator tool that allows you to create sites that you can
significantly customize...it is a more complex tool that less technical
folks would probably not want to use.  The Worksite Setup tool, in my mind
at least, is more of a "wizard" based tool that also allow you to set up a
course site but through a more step-by-step process.  Thus, it is less
complex but also does not allow for as much customization.

So, basically, both tools end up doing the same thing in the end, creating
sites, but one is more for "admin" use and the other is for more general
users.

Hope that helps, Josh
Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)