[Using Sakai] Home Page Components

Zhen Qian zqian at umich.edu
Tue Jun 23 08:55:43 PDT 2009

Marshall:

If Home tool is selected during site creation in Worksite Setup tool,
or added through Site Info tool, following procedure will be executed
in order to determine its tool set:

1. If the site is of MyWorkspace type,
	a. Sakai would first try to find template with id = !user.USER_TYPE
(e.g. if current user is of type guest, the template id would be "!
user.guest"). If found, use the Home tool set defined there;
	b. Otherwise, the template id defaults back to "!user". If found,
use the Home tool set defined there

2. If the site is not a MyWorkspace type,
	a. Looking for template based on the site type (e.g. !
worksite.project for project site), if found, use the Home tool set
defined there;
	b. Otherwise, the template id defaults back to !worksite. If found,
use the Home tool set defined there

3. If none of the above template site could be found, try to read the
settings of "wsetup.home.toolids" from sakai.properties file, like:

	wsetup.home.toolids.count = 2
	wsetup.home.toolids.1 = sakai.iframe.site
	wsetup.home.toolids.2 = sakai.summary.calendar

4. If none of the above works, the use the system default setting,
Home page would then contain "sakai.iframe.site",
"sakai.summary.calendar", "sakai.synoptic.announcement",
"sakai.synoptic.chat", "sakai.synoptic.messagecenter"
and those synoptic tools would only be active when their "parent"
tools are also active inside the site.

So following this sequence, I guess you can modify your template
setting first...

Hope this helps,

- Zhen