[Using Sakai] Home Page Components

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Tue Jun 23 08:17:36 PDT 2009

Hi,

My university is switching from WebCT to Sakai next fall. Currently, I
have been unable to get an answer about customizing the home page of a
course. I want my course to have various tools -- announcements, chat, a
calendar, forums, email -- but I don't want these things taking up real
estate on the course's home page. How can I include the tools in the
course and still have a clean home page displaying the course content I
want?

Also, the course content I need is on a "fluid" html page. Ideally, I'd
like to include some of these components on the pages (particularly
announcements and a list of upcoming deadlines, as well as an icon to
indicate messages await the user). Is there some way to incorporate such
things in web pages designed and uploaded to Sakai?

Thanks.
--
Dr. Marshall Feldman, PhD
Director of Research and Academic Affairs

Center for Urban Studies and Research
The University of Rhode Island
email: marsh @ uri .edu (remove spaces)

      Contact Information:

        Kingston:

202 Hart House
Charles T. Schmidt Labor Research Center
The University of Rhode Island
36 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881-0815
tel. (401) 874-5953: