[Using Sakai] Sakai CSS

Adam Marshall adam.marshall at oucs.ox.ac.uk
Mon Jul 13 07:07:36 PDT 2009

Marshall

I just found this from April 2008 - I think it should allow you to do
indentation. I haven't actually tested it but I figured it's been in the
wiki tool for a year so it must be available by now.

Adam
==================================

Ian Boston:

I have just added a style macro to wiki and a updated the block macro

{style:href=http://www.caret.cam.ac.uk/test.css|media=print}

or

{style}
.redclass {
color: red;
}
{style}

and

{block:class=|style=color: red; display: inline; padding : 20px}

sdfsdfsd

{block}
results in

However some of the css styles are restrictive so you may not see what you
want happening.

Ian

| > |
| > | Workaround 1: Almost all browsers support unicode and if you insert
| > | unicode spaces it will accept it and indent, it removes a regular
| old
| > | space though. On OSX you can type unicode moderately easily by
| going
| > | to System Preferences->International->Input Menu and selecting
| > | "Unicode Hex Input" near the bottom. Also select show Input Menu on
| > | Menu bar. This can be useful because you can insert other unicode
| into
| > | the wiki.
| > | (Character for the unicode space the wiki accepts and indents)
| > | http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0020/index.htm
| > |
| > | Workaround 2: You can have your administrator add a new style to
| the
| > | portal.css or the wiki css (or your site's custom css if you have
| one)
| > | that has some styles to specify the level of indent you want then
| you
| > | can use the {block:class} {block} or {span:class} {span} to indent
| > | your block of text based on this style. I don't know if theres any
| > | good styles that already exist that do what you might want.
| > |
| > | For instance some of the existing comment body styles:
| > | {block:rwikicommentbody_1}Some test text{block} (However this style
| > | makes the text 85%)
| > |
| > | -------
| > | Possibly a good future macro (if someone would write it) might be
| > | {indent:5}Indented text{indent} Which would indent a block of text
| by
| > | this many spaces.
| > |