[Using Sakai] Sakai CSS

Marshall Feldman marsh at uri.edu
Thu Jul 9 11:04:27 PDT 2009

Matthew Jones wrote
> ------------------------------
> | -- As far as indenting I've never found an easy way and have some
> | interesting work arounds. This would probably be a nice thing to add
> | though.
> |
> | Workaround 1: Almost all browsers support unicode and if you insert
> | unicode spaces it will accept it and indent, it removes a regular old
> | space though. On OSX you can type unicode moderately easily by going
> | to System Preferences->International->Input Menu and selecting
> | "Unicode Hex Input" near the bottom. Also select show Input Menu on
> | Menu bar. This can be useful because you can insert other unicode into
> | the wiki.
> | (Character for the unicode space the wiki accepts and indents)
> | http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/0020/index.htm
> |
> | Workaround 2: You can have your administrator add a new style to the
> | portal.css or the wiki css (or your site's custom css if you have one)
> | that has some styles to specify the level of indent you want then you
> | can use the {block:class} {block} or {span:class} {span} to indent
> | your block of text based on this style. I don't know if theres any
> | good styles that already exist that do what you might want.
> |
> | For instance some of the existing comment body styles:
> | {block:rwikicommentbody_1}Some test text{block} (However this style
> | makes the text 85%)
> |
> | -------
> | Possibly a good future macro (if someone would write it) might be
> | {indent:5}Indented text{indent} Which would indent a block of text by
> | this many spaces.
> |
> | -Matthew

I actually meant to ask about CSS in my original post. Documentation for
some of the wiki macros, such as block, mentions CSS selectors, but how
does one access the CSS for a site?

--
Dr. Marshall Feldman, PhD
Director of Research and Academic Affairs

Center for Urban Studies and Research
The University of Rhode Island
email: marsh @ uri .edu (remove spaces)

      Contact Information:

        Kingston:

202 Hart House
Charles T. Schmidt Labor Research Center
The University of Rhode Island
36 Upper College Road
Kingston, RI 02881-0815
tel. (401) 874-5953: