[Using Sakai] Sign-up list

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Wed Aug 19 06:13:28 PDT 2009

Hi,

If you don't see Section Info available as an option under Edit Tools, then either it's been renamed to something else, or it has been "stealthed" (so it's not available for site owners to select), or it's not available in your deployment. Ask your local Sakai team for advice.

Re using the quiz tool, yes - it's just a "select one of these options" scenario so it may not be suitable depending on your requirements. The purpose of d/loading to a spreadsheet it just to get the results in a form which can be easily manipulated and repurposed.

Section Info has the constraint that only one section per category may be selected by a student, and individual sections may be limited in size. The signup tool also has size limit options.

Regards
Stephen

>>> Marshall Feldman <marsh at uri.edu> 8/19/2009 1:34 PM >>>
Hello,

Thanks for all the suggestions. Using the wiki was the most common suggestion, but Stephen Marquard had several others. About these, I have two questions:

1. What is the Section Info tool? I looked at Site Info>  Edit Tools, and it's not there.
2. If one uses a quiz, won't each student's answer be independent of the others? How will they know if a topic has already been taken? How would the Instructor know who selected which topic first? What is the purpose of downloading to a spreadsheet?

Thanks.
	Marsh Feldman
	The University of Rhode Island