[WG: Sakai QA] Email testing on Longsight QA04

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Mar 11 07:53:19 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev and sakai-qa]

Hi All,

Email is turned on for the Longsight QA server -
http://longsight.sakaiqa.org

Generally seems to be working for me, except for a few things. I'm not
sure if these are user-error or configuration or bugs in Sakai.

* Emails sent to my gmail account are working, but not to my yahoo
account (I only admit to using yahoo for testing purposes ;-) )
* On my gmail account, where I got a notification that I joined a site
and it would be available to me once I have my guest account. But I
don't see an email to create a guest account, so I can never get to the
site.
* With the email tool, I check for the email to go into the email
archive, but it doesn't . It might be that email archive is configured
incorrectly?
* Signup tool email works! With some of the same caveats above.
* Emails initially show up in my Spam folder.Is there a way for Sakai to
send the email such that it is less likely to end up in Spam initially?
For many users, if it is initially in Spam they may never see the emails.

Anybody else have a chance to look at email functionality?

(Thanks to Matt J. for turning this on for the Longsight server btw.
Much better than trying to find emails in the logs).

Cheers,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin