[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai QA-04 testing is commencing

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Mar 10 14:00:04 PDT 2014

[sakai-dev and sakai-qa]

Hi all,

Summary
-----------------------
Sakai 10-qa04 is commencing testing. Currently available on the
Longsight server [1]. We have an updated test plan [2] and a new parent
Jira to track issues [3]. I'm available tomorrow on Adobe Connect [4]
from 10 - 11 am Eastern / 7 - 8 am Pacific / 2 - 3 pm GMT. Feel free to
drop in anytime or ping me on email or Skype (nealkdin).

Details, if you really must know
We are targeting 4 weeks to get to our first release candidate, which
means that QA04 and QA05 hopefully will be our last two iterations
before RC01. That being said, it is the job of QA testers to BREAK
Sakai! It is better to break Sakai before we release so that the Sakai
core team can assess the bugs, than be surprised by them after the
release. I'm confident you understand. :-)

Some of the top things to test are the Extra Credit feature in the
Gradebook, Forums respecting the Gradebook grade type setting, the
Roster tool, the Profile tool, WebDav, and Resources, especially the new
drag-and-drop feature and the new ability to hide a folder while
accessing files inside it. AFAICT, there is not been any testing on the
Delegated Access tool, a Contrib tool, new in Sakai core. And verifying
fixed Jiras so they can be merged into the Sakai 10 branch is a high
priority! [5] . Please see the Test Plan for more details (plus
priorities may change as we learn more).

So, the message is, please help break Sakai. Use our test plan to report
your findings or work with me directly to report your results,
neal.caidin at apereo.org.

Oh, and on an unrelated note, we have started a Sakai Facebook page.
Please feel free to Like. [6]

Links

[1] http://longsight.sakaiqa.org

[2] QA04 test plan -