[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai RC testing cycle has started

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Jun 13 06:39:26 PDT 2014

[ sakai-dev, sakai-qa, production, i18n, accessibility, pedagogy,
portfolio, sakai-user, sakai-docs ]

Dear Community,

The Sakai 10.0  final release cycle (i.e. production of release
candidates for final clean up towards a community release) is well under
way. The Test Plan is posted on our Sakai wiki (Confluence) [1] and we
are targeting the Sakai 10.0 release for next week (pending Sakai PMC
approval and assuming no new blockers are identified).

We can use your help "smoke testing" Sakai. The way this will work is
that if you or your team volunteers, I will send you a link to your own
personal Google doc [2] in which you can make notes for the QA team to
review. Of course, we also encourage the opening of new Jira tickets if
problems are found [3].

Here is the current "smoke test", which is also posted on the wiki of
course [1]:

1) Creating a course site
2) Creating a project site
3) Creating at least one group
4) Releasing one Announcement to the whole site and one to just the group.
5) Creating an Assignment - checking that all the Assignment options are
available. Adding the Assignment to the Schedule. Taking an assignment
and grading it.
6) Creating a Test with the top 5 most popular question types. Taking
the Test as a student role and grading it.
7) Creating a Syllabus, linking to an Assignment
8) Adding resources with Drag and Drop
9) Adding a Web Content link
10) Adding a page to the Wiki
11) Creating a Topic and posting twice in the Forums tool
12) Creating a Lesson with one conditional release item
13) Updating Profiles with two different accounts, connecting them, and
creating a worksite for that ad hoc group
14) Emailing the class

[1] Sakai 10 RC test plan -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/%28active%29+Sakai+10+Release+Candidate+Testing
[2] email me for a Google doc in which to make notes from your testing
[3] If you report Jiras, please link them to this ticket -

Neal

--
Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator