[WG: Sakai QA] new: Samigo Testing Enhancement Project (STEP)

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Dec 12 12:14:48 PST 2014

As you may know, in November 2014, we held the first ever Sakai Virtual
Conference. As an added benefit of the conference, the registration fees
for this event were pooled to go toward Sakai development. Conference
attendees had an opportunity to submit ideas for Sakai features or
enhancements, and also vote on the item to be selected for development
using conference funds.

We are happy to announce that the top pick for use of conference funds is
Samigo (a.k.a. the Tests and Quizzes tool). Now that we have selected a
focus area for the project, we are calling this effort the Samigo Testing
Enhancement Project (STEP) and we are very excited about getting started!

A working group has been formed to move this process forward. We are still
in the early stages of forming our working group, so if you would like to
be involved, please let us know!

We have also outlined a fairly aggressive timeline, and hope to showcase
the STEP progress at the Open Apereo 2015 conference in June. Between now
and next summer, we will also be communicating periodic updates to the
Sakai community through the regular Teaching & Learning meetings. If you
have questions or would like to know more, please keep an eye out for STEP
updates on the T&L (aka pedagogy at collab.sakaiproject.org) agenda.

Thanks for your attention.

On behalf of the STEP planning team

Neal Caidin