[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai 10.3-RC01 released

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Dec 12 05:55:31 PST 2014

Summary
The Sakai Core Team is happy to publish the first release candidate for
Sakai 10.3. The 10.3 RC01 includes all current verified bugs, since
the release of Sakai 10.2.

This release is now running on https://qa10.longsight.com. Please see
the MOTD there for more information. Logs are available on that server
at https://qa10.longsight.com/logs/

Action
We have tackled a number of bugs and are optimistic that RC01 could
become the final Sakai 10.3 release. We need your help with QA testing
and reporting. Our target is to complete testing by Thursday, December 18th.

QA plan
The plan is here:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/%28active%29+Sakai+10.3-RC01+Testing

List of 10.3 fixes
The full list of nearly 200 issues is below. This release also includes
a number of security fixes. There are 7 fixed blockers in this release

- Fix that prevented using Tomcat > 7.0.56 (SAK-28004)
- Problems accessing resource permissions screen (SAK-28114)
- Some problems submitting assessment in Oracle (SAM-2428)
- Some problems with moving threads in forums (SAK-28110)

https://jira.sakaiproject.org/issues/?jql=fixVersion%20in%20versionMatches(%2210.3.*%22)%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

More details for those interested (for local downloading, etc)
Link to the source tag (It points to externals as of 2014-12-11 19:00 EDT):
   https://source.sakaiproject.org/svn/sakai/tags/sakai-10.3-rc01/

Link to the binary (for other any QA servers)
   https://qa10.longsight.com/binaries/sakai-bin-10.3-rc01-316000.tar.gz

MD5: 83a1198bb49aeb8dffb2cc4e1e1fd13a
SHA1: 4204165e6ace2a8a396405dcad1050023c3efbaa