[WG: Sakai QA] [Building Sakai] [DG: User Experience] Jira upgrade: 3.13.2 -> 4.1.2

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Fri Sep 17 12:52:28 PDT 2010

I agree that the 'look' is a step back between the 2 versions of jira.
Perhaps it's more of an issue because we've been staring at the same jira
for years and are very used to it, though some improvement is needed

The 3.13 version is much faster to parse out the details because of the
background color difference, the location of items and the table borders.
Also in 4.1.2, the fonts are bigger, taking up more space. The SAK that you
link takes almost an extra 'scroll' page over the current because of the
bigger font size and the details being in the central area.

I think the 'old view' would have been perfect if the left area (With the
issue details) didn't scroll with the main view, similar to how the title is
persistent on JIra 4.1.2, and you didn't have to scroll to get to the
comments/commit actions.

Just seems to be a lot more scrolling and more whitespace. ;)