[WG: Sakai QA] Fwd: Automated testing -- Tools discussion

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Thu May 6 01:59:59 PDT 2010

I hear you.

I don't think Marist tests for GB2 are needed from a 2.7.0 release point
of view.

Where are we regarding Marists tests for code in the 2.7.0 release that
are not duplicates of rSmart tests?

Are the rSmart or Marists documented from a
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/Test+Conditions+and+Scripts
point of view?

https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/qa/trunk/functional/test_suite/readme.txt
and
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/Selenium+Remote+Control+and+TestNG
document the current state of
https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/qa/trunk/functional/test_suite.

Looks like this documentation needs an update. cle-suite-nightly.xml in
readme.txt looks like a specific rSmart name and cannot be found in
subversion.

sakai-suite-regsuite-26.xml looks like a 2.6 suite.

sakai-suite-setup-27.xml looks like a 2.7 suite which includes 2.6
teardown first.

sakai-suite-setup.xml looks like another 2.6 suite.

sakai-suite-single.xml looks like a specific rSmart teadrown.

sakai-suite-teardown.xml looks like the 2.6 teardown included in
sakai-suite-setup-27.xml.

Which suite should be used against 2.6, 2.7 and trunk and how should
they be used (is sakai-suite-teardown.xml needed before or after or
should the suite be updated to include it)?

--
Jean-Francois Leveque
UPMC