[WG: Sakai QA] Fwd: Automated testing -- Tools discussion

Corey McGarrahan corey at rsmart.com
Wed May 5 10:00:26 PDT 2010

The suite contains scripts from rSmart, but they are written for OOTB Sakai.
I know Marist tests for GB2 are going to be added soon. A lot of the Marist
tests are duplicates of what is already checked in. Anyone who is writing
scripts that are designed to run against OOTB Sakai should be commiting
those tests to the QA/trunk//functional/ area. What I am worried about is
having multiple copies of the same tests and I'll be looking out for that.

For now I have been running the suite locally and have not been uploaded the
results anywhere as of yet, outside of reporting any bugs that I run
into. The results will be stored in the /test_suite/target/reports directory
as index.html once the Selenium RC/TestNG automated build is running. This
will address your third question as well. I've had conversations with Alan
about this and I know he has done some work on this already.

The suite as it is now is rather thin. All of the existing test were written
as Acceptance Tests (positive path) and are going to need to be updated as
new fixes and functionality are added. This test suite can (and should)
become the automated regression testing suite for new builds. My
goal/hope/idea is that these scripts will be the foundation for the
regression suite and will be maintained and updated by the QA community.

I will be updating these existing scripts as we move through the betas and
into the RC's as things will obviously be changing. Anyone who is interested
in gettin involved can find information in the links of the original
message.

--
Corey Jack McGarrahan
rSmart