[WG: Sakai QA] Fwd: Automated testing -- Tools discussion

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Wed May 5 07:14:53 PDT 2010

Well done Corey on your excellent effort.

The next step is to push into a continuous build environment for the Sakai community such as http://builds.sakaiproject.org:8080. However, the community should recognise that the effort for maintaining the test plans requires wider support. I look forward to some face to face time at the conference with interested parties.

An old experiment on qa1-nl based on Corey's work shows that you can run the scripts in opera, firefox via ant and xvfb periodically and I believe Corey mentioned that rSmart had looked at a hudson plugin, so this is a promising line. It just should not fall on one persons shoulders.

Alan

Alan Berg
Interim QA Director - The Sakai Foundation

Senior Developer / Quality Assurance
Group Education and Research Services
Central Computer Services
University of Amsterdam