[WG: Sakai QA] Sakai QA] QA Server Confusion

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 13 07:54:11 PST 2010

Noah Botimer wrote:

> For example, people will get in a groove and test multiple
> hours a day for a week on the same server or two. If they have
> to keep checking the statline for release line and version, it
> burdens the process considerably. Checking Confluence regularly
> to keep the pulse is probably even less friendly.

It might be reasonable for QA admins to use the MOTD to state the
version the server is running. Especially if it's different from
Confluence or the "usual" state. I actually do this locally to
indicate "No UTF-8" for the database.

Asking people to run multiple servers on multiple ports is, I
believe, a little much. We have a hard enough time maintaining
one up-to-date instance per server with our already overworked
volunteers.

Seth