[WG: Sakai QA] 2.6.1 blocker

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Thu Oct 8 09:28:33 PDT 2009

Also as I've noted before as a reminder, I currently don't have
experience, access or time to support complex issues relating to DB2
conversions. I believe Marist or rSmart were pledging support for this
platform. So it should be noted that any institutions running 2.6.0 on
db2 probably shouldn't upgrade to 2.6.1 without working something out
relating to this. The conversion scripts took at least 6 hours to
research, write and test for these 2 platforms. (mysql/oracle) And I
locally have direct easy access to rapidly backup/restore to test.

The one issue with internationalization (SAK-16548) will likely be
easy to fix for schools that are English based (as it is just a update
of 'No Grade' with 'gen.nograd'), but the update for unicode
replacement seems to be different in every database type. This could
still be an issue for English based institutions with professors that
have their personal preference set to a different language.

I was also waiting on Steve Smail to verify the Citation merge of
SAK-15944 to 2.6.x, but I wouldn't consider this one a blocker as it
doesn't seem common to reproduce.

Thanks!

-Matthew