[sakai-pmc] Kickstarter School

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 13:55:28 PDT 2014

Is that a confluence plugin that you are talking about? Or was it just an
example of what we might ask? I don't think a poll will cut it.

With these fund raising sites that I've used (IndieGoGo mainly) you
actually hand over your credit card/paypal details and money changes hands
there and then. I think that says more than a poll. However I'm not sure it
would be the right way to get money from people since it probablyhas to go
through purchasing/finance departments/the black hole of paperwork. I think
the SIIG would be a better way to get funding for projects.

What we (Sakai, or even Apereo as a whole) should look at is having a
donation system on the website, like what Mozilla does:
https://sendto.mozilla.org/page/contribute/EOYFR2013-newdefault?source=base_url

This would allow individuals to support the community themselves, without
forking out 5-10K for a membership.