[sakai-pmc] [Building Sakai] RSS portlet now part of Sakai trunk

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Wed Feb 26 07:28:38 PST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Sam Ottenhoff <ottenhoff at longsight.com> wrote:

> We've spent significant time this release cycle attempting to reduce our
> project oddities.  This has involved hundreds of hours spent on removing our
> indies, standardizing some of our Maven practices, and removing independent
> JIRA projects.  My preference would be to keep our oddities to a minimum and
> continue keeping all of our source in one place.

Would people be amenable to a temporary compromise: Move the RSS
portlet to the experimental build? Perhaps we want to put the Sakai
Project account to use here.

I don't really have a problem with the RSS portlet coming in from
GitHub at the moment but it must be because I see it as the future. I
will note the irony in re-creating the past for the "purity" of the
code base (and that of my own position!).

Seth