[sakai-pmc] [Building Sakai] RSS portlet now part of Sakai trunk

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Feb 26 06:36:49 PST 2014

I'm +1 on Noah's previous comments:

> *Let me be clear: Until there is a planned transition, I think the
> authoritative and complete source for "Sakai" is in source.sakaiproject.org
> <http://source.sakaiproject.org/> SVN, and the rest doesn't matter. I see
> it as totally valid for a maintainer to do pre-work with additional tools
> and only make integration commits to SVN. This is no impingement on any
> downstream users/developers and, in fact, helps explore transition
> strategies. I fully support this and would not support magic scripts or
> sleight of hand in the build -- the maintainer responsibilities are clear
> and simple: get the code into SVN, which is our source of truth.*

We've spent significant time this release cycle attempting to reduce our
project oddities.  This has involved hundreds of hours spent on removing
our indies, standardizing some of our Maven practices, and removing
independent JIRA projects.  My preference would be to keep our oddities to
a minimum and continue keeping all of our source in one place.

--Sam