[sakai-pmc] [Building Sakai] RSS portlet now part of Sakai trunk

Sam Ottenhoff ottenhoff at longsight.com
Wed Feb 26 12:01:38 PST 2014

> Would people be amenable to a temporary compromise: Move the RSS
> portlet to the experimental build? Perhaps we want to put the Sakai
> Project account to use here.

I have no problems putting a Github-based tool into the experimental build.

I thought we agreed via lazy consensus in December that the RSS Portlet
would be replacing the legacy News tool in trunk (and thus in 10.x).  If
this is not a move intended for Sakai 10.x, then I don't care and am happy
to see the tool in the experimental build.

> I don't really have a problem with the RSS portlet coming in from
> GitHub at the moment but it must be because I see it as the future.

I agree that DVCS is the future for Sakai.