[sakai-pmc] rWiki and xWiki > Re: Talkin' Sakai 11

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Feb 12 07:05:00 PST 2014

Folks may want to dig into some of the documents linked off the confluence
site I noted below...one in particular,
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/SAKDEV/Proposal+and+Development+Status
, contains details on a number of wikis that we evaluated back in 2010 as
we looked for a third party integration options.  The page has a
spreadsheet linked to it with a number of the top contenders and some of
the key metrics we used to evaluate them.

Ultimately, we landed on "xWiki" (details on why are in the report) but
that was long enough ago that another assessment might be needed.

I would agree with Chuck, despite the current limitations of rWiki, it is
used heavily by a certain population of Sakai users, particular those
trying to push the envelope in using technology to innovate their
teaching.  Loosing this capability could be painful for this population
who is of particular importance in driving innovation on campuses.

Marist would be interested in working with others and putting some
resources into an improved wiki experience.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College