[sakai-pmc] Fwd: [apereo-projects] Unconference: Nature and Timing

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Sat Dec 20 11:13:38 PST 2014

I believe the timing (around 6 months from the conference) is the
appropriate time. Though if it didn't happen in January or February then
that would mean we'd be skipping this year, and might be a little tight to
try to plan anything for January. Early December would have been a good
time for me, as would have been mid January but at this point I've
personally made plans a month out.

I agree with everything in points #1-3.

I also don't feel like someplace warm is a hard requirement, and you're not
even guaranteed that no matter where you go anymore. The year we had an
unconference in Phoenix it was freezing and warmer that week in NYC. Maybe
it's more of a consideration to some other people. I feel like cost was a
higher consideration as there is a lot more weekly community Sakai
participation on the Eastern time zone than any others lately. At least 10
of the regular core team participants are from EST, the others are in
Europe +-1 GMT.