[sakai-pmc] Incubation questions

Mark J. Norton markjnorton at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 18 04:19:30 PST 2013

 >  I ask because the Google group on the Apereo incubation page has
zero messages

Well, a bit more than zero, but not by much.

 >  there has been effectively no movement in the older Incubation
Group's Jasig spaces (Confluence,
Jira, mailing list) for more than 2 months.

In theory, that work has moved to the new Apereo Incubation Working
Group (AIWG).  I think there was some delay on uPortal incubation work
while the transition occurred.  The status is this:

1.  We had our first meeting.
2.  We are figuring out what day to meet monthly.
3.  We are planning to have BarCamp training.
4.  We are voting on incubating the Academic Learning Plan.
5.  Ian is creating descriptions of all projects in (or near) incubation.
6.  We will be assigning mentors in the first part of next year.

- Mark Norton