[Building Sakai] Documentation for hierarchy config

Jim Mezzanotte jmezzanotte at anisakai.com
Wed Mar 18 08:45:39 PDT 2015

Hi all,

Apologies, I sent this last week as a reply to another post and
neglected to change the subject line...

Here is some documentation for site hierarchy configuration, which
hopefully we can add to the "Delegated Access tool" section of our
community admin Help:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TbmUDr7ajUa_cdIOUC_wStvMe_crVbpc5rLrrLv8u44/edit?usp=sharing

It's viewable/editable by all--so thanks in advance to anyone who can
vet the doc for accuracy! Feel free to add/revise as necessary--I only
ask that you insert a comment if you make a change.

You'll see one query in the doc about automating the addition of
property settings in sites. The DA tool confluence page
(https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DAC/Delegated+Access+Tool)
says "This should be done during your site integration job or can be
done with a daily script." I'm assuming "site integration" means SIS?
Besides that approach, what other automation methods are possible,
especially for instutions not using SIS?

Best,
Jim Mezzanotte
Asahi Net International