[Building Sakai] Assignments Group Submissions Confusion

Matthew Buckett matthew.buckett at it.ox.ac.uk
Tue Mar 3 02:00:39 PST 2015

Locally we've been getting users confused by the add assignment page, there
are options:

Are submissions for a group?

and

Display to selected groups

The first one is for a submission that is made on behalf of a group and the
second one if for restricting an assignment to only be available to a
group. We are thinking of changing the wording and wondered if anyone else
had any opinions?

The confusion locally seems to be that when users are creating an
assignment which should just be available to one group group they tick both
boxes rather than just the second one.

--
  Matthew Buckett, VLE Developer, IT Services, University of Oxford