[Building Sakai] site info import

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Oct 31 08:50:26 PDT 2014

That code came over from the initial commit in 2006 and it doesn't look
like anyones significantly changed that code since 2008.
"bringing the latest import from contrib, minus the Blackboard archive
parsers"

It was asked in 2012 what generated that, and it doesn't look like anyone
knew then either.
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2012-April/016701.html

>From what I can see this came from contrib at
https://source.sakaiproject.org/websvn/listing.php?repname=sakai-contrib&path=%2Fmigration%2F

https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/MIG/Home

and seems like was either unfinished or changed over time.

There was a feature added to 11 to create a zip file (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-25867) but it looks like that's
throwing a stacktrace on nightly right now (
https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-27804). I'm pretty sure it doesn't
use this format.

It looks like the isValidArchive logic, is only checked in Site Manage, not
in the archive tool (where the current Sakai archive is imported) so it
doesn't really do anything. I feel like it was just a plan to have for zip
archives, which was an unfinished feature (until 11).