[Building Sakai] site info import

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Fri Oct 31 08:09:10 PDT 2014

I’m updating Common Cartridge in the Site Info import from archive, so that it uses the Lessons code to import Common Cartridges. The current code is incomplete, and only works for a very old version of the CC spec.

I’d like to make sure I’m not breaking other functionality in the code. But I’m finding it hard to test the other functionality.

In 11, import from archive can import two formats: Sakai and Common Cartridge. Sakai looks for a ZIP file with a file “/import_mappings.xml” in it. I’m unable to find any code that produces such a file. I always had the impression that Sakai archives were just ZIP’ed versions of what the Site Archive administrative tool produces. But apparently not, since the directory produced by Site Archive doesn’t have that file in it.

Can anyone help? I need a sample file I can use to make sure I’m not breaking the import of a Sakai archive file.