[Building Sakai] Slow response creating samigo tests

Stephen Marquard stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za
Thu Oct 16 02:06:00 PDT 2014

I don't know why T&Q is deleting resources in this context, but I'm sure a contributing factor to the performance issues is that Content Hosting does a copy operation for a delete operation to support undelete, rather than just a move operation.

So every delete action writes the deleted file out again to the filesystem in a different location. I'd say this is overdue for optimization :-).

Cheers
Stephen

---
Stephen Marquard, Learning Technologies Co-ordinator,
Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT)
University of Cape Town
http://www.cilt.uct.ac.za
stephen.marquard at uct.ac.za