[Building Sakai] Slow response creating samigo tests

Alex Ballesté alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Thu Oct 16 01:11:08 PDT 2014

Hello everyone,

Recently we've detected a strange behaviour in a site with few users
using Samigo. An instructor creates a test selecting questions randomly
from a sub-pool.
Test is configured with only 10 questions from the pool. It has 370
questions, most of them with a little attachment. When instructor tries
to preview / edit the part/ publish ...  it takes a lot of time to
answer. Time out message is often shown.

In the debug log we saw a lot of lines like this.

2014-10-15 14:02:58,857  INFO http-bio-8080-exec-3
org.sakaiproject.content.impl.DbContentService - Removing resource
(/attachment/101501-1415/Tests/c09ae748-33a5-XXXX-XXXX-7c71f5626fa7/XXXX_84.doc)
content: /XXXXXXX

It seem like he moves all the files to create the assessment and then
removes them (maybe the discarded questions???)

Did anybody experiment that behaviour? Do you know related JIRA? I can't
find it.

Thanks in advance,

Alex.

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Universitat de Lleida
Àrea de sistemes d'Informació i Comunicacions
Analista/Programador

University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Analyst / Programmer

Tlf: +34 973 702148
Fax: +34 973 702130