[Building Sakai] Problem restarting Production Sakai

Matthew Jones matthew at longsight.com
Fri Jul 18 19:05:34 PDT 2014

>From what I remember the URL in the DTD is based on which version of
hibernate you're running and it changed when we upgrade to a newer version
of hibernate for 3.5.

For 2.9 (hibernate 3.2.7) you need to have
http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd

For 10+ (hibernate 3.6) you need to have
http://www.hibernate.org/dtd/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd

This was on the migration guide for hibernate and for Sakai.
https://community.jboss.org/wiki/HibernateCoreMigrationGuide36?_sscc=t

It's not anything that will cause a problem if it's unavailable since it's
coded in every version. The problem was that before LSNBLDR-305, it didn't
have the right DTD in the oldhbm's so it couldn't start up without
internet. I don't think that SAK-27529
<https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-27529> is necessary or does
anything. If it was necessary, every hbm.xml in Sakai would need to be
modified as well.

I definitely remember bringing up Sakai 2.9.x and 10.x in offline mode with
no internet with no problems after these fixes.

FYI:
And originally on the dev list almost a year ago (when the issue was first
fixed)
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2013-October/024812.html

And this was also discussed on the production list about 2 weeks ago.
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/production/2014-July/002363.html

I also just started up on a VM 10.x with no internet connection with no
problems.